Monday, May 31, 2010

Happy Memorial Day!

Happy Memorial Day and my eternal gratitude to those men and women who have fought and sacrificed for the freedom and safety of this country. I don't think they get the recognition or support they deserve.
I have a wonderful extra day off  from school and classes. I intend to spend it in the garden, and then celebrating with my dear family.  Pure bliss. Thunderstorms are expected this afternoon, I look forward to them. After the family picnic, a movie snuggled with the immediate family and, yes, just a little homework, but mostly just fun. I wish the same for you. (Minus the homework of course!)

6 comments:

  1. What beautiful flowers.
    Your Memorial Day sounds just like what it is supposed to be.
    Have a wonderful day with your famly.
    love, bj

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right; they certainly don't get the recognition they deserve, honey. It saddens me greatly. Hubs will spend today in front of Albertson's selling buddy poppies. Our flag is flying in the front yard.
    xoxo,
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photo and I hope you enjoy your 'down' time with your family. Thanks again for the wonderful feature.
    your friend,
    Janet xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted to mention...I was in Walgreens yesterday and I saw an older gentleman sporting a WWII battleship cap on. I asked him if he was a veteran and he said "Yes" I thanked him and gave him a hug. We both left the store smiling ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Memorial Day to you too...Mica

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photo. Happy Memorial Day!
    Debby

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to say hello :)